Sunday, January 29, 2006

Stabby Stabby Fucking Stabby

Yes, the title is stolen. Smarter people then I wrote it. It still conveys my feelings pretty accurately.

I remember an old issue of XFactor written during the height of Peter David's participation in comics (illustrated by a young Joe Quesada, incidentally). In it, he covers an interesting psychological interview with Quicksilver, who tried to render an analogy expressing his frustration and impatience with the human race. The character reminds the psychologist of people who take too long at the ATM, and how that frustrates everyone. He then points out, that is the world he lives in ALL THE TIME. He's dealing with people who move, think, and act a million times slower then he does.

I understand his feeling. No, I'm not smarter or better then the rest of you. I can just see how fucked up we all are, and the frustration is similar, because no one else seems to.

The sad thing is this, to be a misanthrope, one must be an optimist after a fashion. The frustration and rage come from seeing where people could go, and then where they choose to go.

No comments: