Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Smoking

I used to smoke.  I quit, but not because I really wanted to live longer.  It was impeding other things in my life that mattered more, so I discarded it.  Not saying it was easy, because it wasn’t.  But I’m not a smoker anymore.

However, I do understand why people smoke.  Every time I hear someone go on a rant about smoking, I’m reminded of Bill Hicks.

He once said, “If smoking bothers you, then I suggest you take a look at the world we live in, and shut the fuck up.”

That about covers it.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Bill Hicks is the greatest Stand-up Comedian that's ever lived!!!

And I agree with both of you, there is nothing more irritating on the face of this planet than smug, hypocritical, whinig ex-addicts of whatever persuasion!!!

As Hicks said: "I wanted to quit smoking, but I was too scared I'd turn into one of you sanctamonious fuckers."

John said...

I always wonder who the first person was to take some plant material, dry it and then set it on fire and inhale the smoke.

Rorschach said...

AH, Bill Hicks. Great man. We still need to do the "Politenss Works" ad. Maybe that will drive the point home to some of these fucktards. Anyway, keep posting. Oh yeah. I changed up my handle. You know who this is.