Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Second Post

So let's get this party started, shall we?

I read. A lot. I read a lot of news, a lot of history, and a lot of fiction. The fiction is mostly to allow me to escape the world I share with 6.2 billion morons. The news is to remind myself of the world I share with 6.2 billion morons. The history is to teach myself why there are 6.2 billion morons, and why the human race needs to let the cockroaches take over. A friend of mine (yes, I do have those) says I suffer from information overload. She insists that I pay too much attention to the world and it skews my view of everything. There may be some merit to that, but the fact that there is so much to pay attention to, and that it's primarily negative makes an interesting counting point. I don't think that I pay too much attention, I think everyone else pays to little. People are willfully ignorant. They like being ignorant, and they like being stupid. They like behaving badly, and they like being worthless. There are no excuses for humanity's current state. If it truly mattered to us, or if it were truly important, we wouldn't be here.

And where are we? Destroying ourselves in the most painful ways possible. Through our ignorance and apathy, we will destroy anything decent we ever created. Because humans are scum. We haven't always been scum, but we are now. And that fact is pretty much irreversible. And so we deserve the hell we've made.

Keep in mind that I'm not discounting myself from that. When I say that humanity needs to disappear, I include myself amongst that number. People are universally scum, myself included.

And you too.

2 comments:

John said...

Information Overload? I contend there is no such thing. When I don't have a computer keyboard and mouse, I have a TV (often set to something like CNN Headline or CSPAM) running, am probably reading stuff on my PDA (Cato Institute, GOPUSA, AlterNet, New American)or have open one or more books (SciFi and Reference).
J/P=?

Jimmy The Hutt said...

This friend of mine contents that because I have too much information, it forces my perspective into a heavily paranoid and negative aspect. The problem is, if you aren't paranoid and negative, then you aren't paying attention...