Thursday, November 06, 2008

Latest Thoughts On Same-Sex Marriage

One of the arguments I hear on a semi-regular basis is that marriage is traditionally between a man and woman. You want to know something? Fuck tradition.

Tradition was African-Americans sitting at the back of the bus.

Tradition was treating Women as property.

Tradition was beating your children to discipline them.

Tradition changes for a reason, fucktards. Just because something has always been someway (which it hasn't), doesn't mean it always has to be that way.

And I'm sorry you might be uncomfortable with two guys saying they are married. But that's nothing compared to how uncomfortable you've made them feel for centuries.

So fuck you, I'm not sorry at all. In fact, I'm going to enjoy your frustration and discomfort as the tide slowly but surely turns against you.

And I'm really going to love it when your gay granddaughter gets married to her girlfriend.

No comments: